Hike your own hike; Update for Patrons

 

Several of you have messaged, so I’m posting on this old blog b/c Patreon is locked to all when billing is paused-


I’m having a rare good day so I’m here to update.

I’ve already paused the March billing cycle, as well, but I will be mailing prints to you all when the ink has cured.

It’s still very smeary, so I’m guessing it might be a while. Sorry. :( 



Gopher Tortoise in Longleaf Pine today

I don’t like to focus on all that’s gone wrong (K, you know what I mean) but I’ve been MIA and it needs a bit of explanation, but since this is intensely personal, it’s for patrons only and personal details will be deleted after the update serves its purpose.


~Some great news~




My very busy yet sweet sweet spouse got us a cabin at Amicalola Falls next month for a few days. On his spring break he’s taking some vacation days from work and we are heading to the foothills!

My bucket list AT solo hike/ Appalachian travel sketch  is probably not going to happen before I kick the bucket b/c of my fun balance and other stroke deficits, but I’m REALLY hoping I can at least hike the approach trail. 




  Today I had a really good day physically. I went to a local but obscure Florida trail with my trusty trekking poles. Solo!

 I made some observations on the overgrown trail as I thought about my amended bucket list. 


There’s the hike you plan, and the one you walk. Rarely do they coincide. Enjoy your hike.


 

Less traveled paths are often overgrown and therefore filled with snakes. It’s still a nice walk.



With my particular body, flat land is not so easy in the midday sun. Neither is peeing. (So very thankful for my poles.)


Even in the "dry" season, there will be flooded portions. 

Find a way to skirt the water. 


When you can’t, it’s okay to turn around and find a different trail.


(If only I wasn't solo, and had a decently functioning cerebellum.)


Just a chonky 10 footer basking in the Florida sun. 


Swampy paths aren’t ideal, but without the mud I couldn’t enjoy spotting the animal tracks.

It’s ok to slow down. You might miss incredible and strange beauty if you don’t.


Not only are Sundews gorgeous, these beauties are carnivorous.

Welp, I thoroughly enjoyed my hike today. I hope yours is going better than expected.

Thanks for sticking around through al the paused months.


*Update- we tried and did the beginning of the approach trail, but finishing to Springer was not a great option considering the length of the hike and my neurological fatigue issues, bbut it’s still on my bucket list. 

I painted a watercolor of bridge over the stream near High Shoals Road on the Approach Trail. Our cabin at Amicalola was right down this little dirt road! I highly recommend a walk down High Shoals. It’s pure mountain holler magic.

 Patrons will receive a notecard featuring the bridge in the rewards package.



So much love to you.

Happy Trails,

D. Renée


No comments :

Post a Comment

Artwork & Play. * BLOG TEMPLATE DESIGN BY Labinastudio.