Black Pearl

 I've said it before and I'll say it again,
do you Fringe?

You really should.

Orlando Fringe is a local organization that provides the opportunity for performing (and visual) artists to exhibit original and cutting edge work. Work that pushes boundaries yet brings us all together.

You also know about my love affair with the city of light.
Always on my mind, her deep historical roots paired with lust for revolution and the avant garde hold the eternal flame of my spirit.
Behold-

Josephine Baker needs no introduction.
If you're rusty on your history, read up and know that entertainers have long held important roles as rights activists and even resistance fighters. 
She refused to perform for segregated audiences in the U.S., 
Because when you shut up and do as you're told, you're merely a servant to the corrupt systems and powers that be. 
*



I created another piece in my Clothed in Cosmic series specifically for this event and donated it to the fundraiser auction.
Black Pearl of Paris,
6"x9"
Watercolor and Silver leaf.
Original winner will receive a certificate of authenticity.
*Update- original sold, prints are available here.




*update original has been sold and prints are available on my print sites.
https://society6.com/product/black-pearl-of-paris_print?curator=dreneewilson

No comments :

Post a Comment

Artwork & Play. * BLOG TEMPLATE DESIGN BY Labinastudio.