The Supplication


 I always have a few test pieces of cold press or Yupo on my work desk. 
I use them to test out my palette and see how textures and mediums will look before officially committing them to the painting. (Watercolor is not very forgiving.)
Test sheet before.
Every now and then, one of these colorful sheets really speaks to me. Forms and shapes whisper to me from the watermarks. I pick up a pen and their stories begin to unfold.

The Supplication
Watercolor & Ink on 140# cold press
click Here for a zoom view.



This particular sheet held a harrowing narrative. I won't divulge the entire tale, but this piece certainly sings of the trappings of society, risk, and compassion. 

What story is this scene telling you?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Artwork & Play. * BLOG TEMPLATE DESIGN BY Labinastudio.